I am an Information Security and Digital Forensics Professional with Masters in Computer Science and a Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Engineering. I believe learning is a perennial process. My Skills include Identity and Access Management (IAM), Threat protection and response (TP), Incedent Response(IR), security information and event management (SIEM), user and entity behaviour analytics (UEBA), point products like anti-virus (AV) and intrusion detection system/intrusion prevention system (IDS/IPS) and penetration testing. Also, I have strong understanding of of ISO27001, SOC, HIPPA, PCI which includes assessment – specifications for a framework of policies and procedures. It involves all legal, physical and technical controls involved in an organization’s risk management.
I currently work at J.D. Power as Information Security Specialist. Please feel free to contact me in case of employment or business opportunities.
• Identified vulnerabilities, gaps and strategize and the initiatives for the gap remediation.
• Designed and implemented monitoring strategy for the different monitoring tools like Security Incident Event Management (SIEM), Email Gateway, Intrusion Detection System (IDS) /Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Endpoint Security Forensics. ( Alert Logic for AWS, Proofpoint Technologies for email security, Symantec Endpoint protection, Symantec IDS,IPS).
• Curate and develop a Domain-based Message Authentication Reporting and Conformance (DMARC) to strengthen the email security.
• Being a primary support for the client request for information (RFI)/ Vendor assessment, inquiring about information security.
• Conduct Vendor risk assessment in compliance to ISO 27001/27002 for the organization.
• Administrator for Email Security Gateway, Targeted attack protection, helping to ensure the email security.
• Security Incident response analysis and reporting.
• Create and edit information security and data protection policies as per ISO 27001/27002 standards and ensure the compliance.
• Work with managed service provider to ensure the Service level agreement achieved.
• Focused area of work also includes Information Risk Management (Data Security, Endpoint Security, Record Retention, Data Privacy, Identity and Access Management, etc).
• Aiding the Nonprofit Foundation with an inhouse system security audit.
• Developing and Implementing strategy for the Identity management of users.
• Analyzing the vendor requests and quotations for the current services.
• Layout a plan to upgrade the infrastructure to AWS.
• Develop Payroll application and a user database.
• Involved in installation and maintenance of network infrastructure
equipment,CISCO and Alcatel-Lucent network switches.
• Strict implementation of California state rules for network infrastructure installation.
• Installtion and pulling of over 3500 feet of CAT5e/6 cable.
• Installation and maintenance of campus VoIP and emergency analog network equipment.
• Customise and update Nagios Server maintenance dashboard for the the server administrator.
• Installation , maintenance and management of Pharos printing for campus wide printers.
Resposnlible for one to one turtoring for Graduate Tutor for the following subjects:
• Intro Comp Programming (Comp 105), Object- Orient Programming (Comp 150), Data Structure & Program Design (Comp 151), Comp Arch & Assembly Lang (Comp 162),Software Eng (Comp 350), Operating System (Comp 362), Databases (Comp 420), Discrete Math for IT (Math 301).
Trained on Oracle ERP E-Urja And Functioning of Data Collected in real time
on Linux based servers ,Regional Level MIS Study, Siemens SCADA
Functioning, Practical Study of Company Network Infrastructure at
Apart from being an Information Security Professional, I enjoy most of my time being outdoors. I am Blessed to be in California with a dream of visiting every US National Park and explore the Country. But here in Southern California, I enjoy sunny beaches, Hiking and Biking .
When forced indoors, I follow a number of sci-fi and fantasy genre movies and television shows, I am an aspiring chef, and I spend a large amount of my free time studying the latest technology advancements in the world information security.